Protected by Copyscape

Thursday 21 July 2016

Landline by Rainbow Rowell

Hello guys! I'm back with another review today- Landline, by Rainbow Rowell. Unlike other blogger’s, I don’t really like writing a summary of the book, cause it just spoils the book for the reader- and believe me, it has ruined so many books for me. So I am going to tell you about it from the reader’s perspective.

The story revolves around the life of the main character- Georgie and a magic phone. It also includes the entire romantic theme, that you would usually see and expect in a Rainbow Rowell book. However, it also deals with how one can often be so passionate with their work, that they forget things that are far more important- family. 

Firstly, I liked how Rowell created the plot. I enjoyed the many flashbacks Georgie got. They showed a completely different side and phase to her. I wish that the book showed the thought's of more than just one character. Like how Rowell wrote "Carry on", I think and I hope that other reader's would agree with me, this book could have been taken to a completely different level, as you could dwell into the thought's of the other character's as well.  

However, in a way, I also love it the way it is. By not revealing the thoughts of the other character's, she has allowed and encouraged the reader to dwell into a another world completely. It helps them to predict, and make their own minds about the story as it progresses. Thus, it added a new and prominent effect on the reader.

That's not all- The first thing I noticed when I started the novel, was that there was a lack of stereotypes. It contradicted many global stereotypes. For example: Georgie's best friend wasn't a girl, but actually a boy! Georgie, who was a girl, wanted to be a comedian! It was the lady in the house who went for work, not the man. 

Rowell actually pressed on these matter's very seriously, writing about the faults in our society, and motivated the reader to understand the difference in everyone's lifestyle.

With just the right blend of comedy, love and fantasy, Rainbow Rowell's "Landline", is truly worth it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I absolutely love reading your comments and suggestions- So don't hesitate to do so!

My new book- It all started with a flashback